Are you prepared to fight for the survival and integrity of family, friends, and the human race in apocalyptic combat with the ambulatory dead? In other words, do you want to buy a 7-piece set of gut-ripping knives and sick machetes? Just like zombie slayers Rick Grimes and Co. use on The Walking Dead? Gerber gear hopes so and, on March 5, 2012, will begin shipping its Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit.
In The Walking Dead‘s second season premiere last October, the gritty renegades of Georgia scored a cache of Gerber weapons–including knives, machetes, and axes–which they have continued to use in battle throughout the season. Now, packaged in a folding canvas carrying case, those weapons are ready to serve and protect you in your quest to preserve your humanity, eradicate zombies from your homeland, and chop up some firewood or clean a few catfish on your next camping trip.
Included zombie annihilation equipment:
- Gator Machete: High-carbon stainless steel body with both fine and serrated edges. 25.7″ long, 18 ounces.
- Camp Axe II: Single-hand axe ideal for battles requiring up close and personal interaction. Molded plastic sheath, form steel head. 17.3″ long, 34.6 ounces.
- Gator Machete Pro: Multi-purpose blade can be used as an axe, machete, or knife. High-carbon steel head and handle; handle has Gator-Grip covering. 16.5″, 18 ounces.
- Parang: Styled like a traditional jungle machete. Light, sharp, and balanced. Will also clear a path through brush so no one trips on the way to saving the world. 19.5″ long, 25.4 ounces.
- LMF II Infantry: Field tested by American troops. Can cut through a seat belt or the Plexiglas of a chopper. 420HC stainless blade. 10.6″ long, 24.3 ounces.
- DMF Folder: Compact death with a locking tanto blade for quick insertion. 8.4″ long opened, 4.8″ closed, 6.2 ounces.
- Epic: Use right- or left-handed with equal dexterity. Low profile, minimalist design means zombies will be dead before they even realize you’re armed. 7.3″ long, 5.1 ounces.